Sports Provision and Funding
We provide a very wide range of sports and physical activities to ensure the participation and engagement of all pupils. We are well supported in this by our Sports Partnership coach who visits school weekly. This has included athletics, badminton, cross country, dance, dodgeball, football, gymnastics, orienteering, table tennis, tag-rugby, tennis, zumba, ultimate Frisbee and more!
We believe that exercise supports a healthy attitude and lifestyle, and all children take part in at least 2 hours PE each week. We aim for lessons to be fun, and to develop skills regardless of ability - this also includes developing the skills of the more able and elite youngsters (for which we have excellent links to local clubs).
Please click the link to see the North West Leicestershire Schools Sports Partnership website to show what, as a school and in our wider community, we have access to. www.nwleics-ssp.org.uk
Please see Sports Premium reports further down the page for details on how the money was spent and its impact, as well our projected spending for the current academic year.
|How the money was spent and its impact, 2015-16.docx||Download|
|Sports Premium Audit, 2014-15.docx||Download|
|Sports Partnership Report, 2016-17.docx||Download|
|Sports Partnership Report, 2015-16.docx||Download|
|Sports Partnership Report, 2014-15.pdf||Download|
|Sports Premium Overview & Impact 2016-17.docx||Download|
|Sports Premium Overview 2017-18.docx||Download|
The government provides us with sports funding each year to support PE provision in our school. We ensure that this funding is used to meet the objectives below. Governors monitor the spending to ensure that it is used appropriately.
Currently this is set as £16,760 this year to our school. We have an audit by our Schools Sports Partnership to ensure we are spending the grant effectively and we also have a governor, Mr Green, ensuring this is happening too.
What are our objectives?
- To improve the quality of children’s learning in P.E. lessons
- To introduce more specialist teaching for P.E
- To develop and improve staff P.E. skills
- To support team building and increase our involvement in competitions
- To continue to offer a wide variety of extra-curricular sports
- To ensure all pupils in school have access to physical activities that interest and motivate them
- To promote the lifelong enjoyment of sport and physical activity
- To ensure that our curriculum offers opportunities for children to develop their knowledge and understanding of what makes a healthy lifestyle
How are we doing this and what is the impact?
- Close links with our North West Leicestershire School Partnership who provide a high quality coach for half a day each week.
- Links to My School Games sports initiatives - A unique opportunity to inspire young people to take part in competitive school sport.and each year to strive to achieve their kite mark for quality and inclusive PE and competition (see link www.yourschoolgames.com - search Snarestone Primary and see our blogs and what we have been doing.
- All children participate in these coached sessions.
- Staff coach alongside to develop their own skills and knowledge