When your child joins our school, you agree to support our working together through this agreement:
We work hard to be a caring school community underpinned by Christian values, where children participate, excel and
take pride in their achievements.
We will do this for our school community by
Children: Making school fun and preparing you for life in the world you are growing up in.
Parents and carers: Teaching your child in the way that best matches their needs, abilities and interests so that they can achieve, be happy at school, and build relationships with others people.
Staff: Providing support so that you can be fulfilled in your professional role,
continuously developing yourself so that you contribute fully to our shared success.
Community: Celebrating the history of the school, and ensuring we are the hub of the local community.
Governors: We will help children, parents, carers and staff to achieve and excel in our vision for the school.
By working closely together in the following ways, we will ensure a high quality education for your child.
The Parents / carers will…
- See that my child arrives at school on time and has the necessary equipment.
- Let the school know about any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour;
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour;
- Support my child with homework and other opportunities for home learning;
- Attend parents’ evening and discussions about my child’s progress;
- Endeavour not to take my child on holidays during term time;
- Support the school in any school-based activity.
Snarestone School will…
- Contact parents if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality or equipment;
- Let parents know about any concerns or problems that may affect their child’s work or behaviour;
- Towards the end of the summer term, provide parents with an annual written report on their child’s progress;
- Ensure that homework is manageable and that it follows a regular pattern;
- Arrange parents’ evenings during which your child’s progress will be discussed;
- Keep parents informed about school activities and special events through regular communications and updates.
As a parent or carer of a child in our school, you agree that we will work together to achieve these aims.